ONEchurch Brantford Food Drive in a Nutshell
Between Thursday, May 30 and Tuesday, June 4: Drop off Flyers along assigned route.
- Knock on the doors and hand out flyers containing food wish list. If no one answers, leave the flyer in a mailbox or at the door where it won't blow away.
Saturday, June 8: Pick-up Food along same assigned route.
- 8:30AM: everyone will meet at church location for coffee, prayer and instructions. They will then travel to their routes. Teams will go door to door knocking and asking for donations. Food is brought to the team vehicle.
- When the route is finished, drivers will bring the food back to the church where it will be weighed and sorted.
- At noon (or thereabouts), volunteers gather for lunch, fellowship and celebration of a job well done.
Further instructions will be sent by email as needed.
Roles for June 8:
- Drivers: Drive a vehicle to suitable for carrying food for a route, keeping the car close to the runners.
- Runners: Go door to door collecting food and dropping it in their drivers vehicle.
- Sorters: Stay at the church and sort the collected food into boxes for the food bank.
- Other: May include child care at the church (appropriate background checks to be on file with the church) and preparing lunch for the teams.
Check out our interactive map to find a church hosting the food drive near you. You can select a church to sign-up through from the list below. Everyone is welcome!